[xubuntu-users] 14.10 installation doesn't see existing Windows 7

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:01:03 UTC 2014

On 12/02/2014 04:48 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> AFAIR gparted worked for me sometimes, but also irreparable damaged a
> Windows install. Btw. IMO there's nearly no reason to keep a Windows
> install, resp. usually if a Windows install really is needed, running
> it as guest in a VM likely is the better way to go.
Agreed, the damage may come from windows fragmenting of the drive and
you inadvertently erase data. Be that as it may, unless there is a
compelling reason to keep a Windows partition (and there are i.e. wives)
then a vm has been were I landed as well for the occasional program that
I haven't found a substitute for in linux.  FWIW, that hasn't happened
in about a year either.  Linux, Xubuntu has come a long way and you can
go windows free easily.

--
- Fred

"Only those who can see the invisible
can accomplish the impossible." - Anonymous