[xubuntu-users] 14.10, keyboard map seems wrong for GUI login

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Dec 4 20:51:00 UTC 2014

I have just installed xubuntu 14.10 on a Fujitsu Esprimo system.  It's
all working quite well *except* that my password isn't recognised at
the GUI login.

I can login successfully if I switch to a text mode console, so I do
know my password.  I can also login successfully at the GUI login if I
use the on-screen keyboard.  It's just using the physical keyboard at
the GUI login that doesn't work.

Having logged in the keyboard mapping seems right.

So it looks as if the keyboard is sending the wrong codes *only* at
the GUI login.  My password does have some non-alphanumeric characters
in it.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

--
Chris Green