[xubuntu-users] Network Canon Pixma MG6350

Tom Moore tpmoore21 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:51:58 UTC 2014

I have "installed"  the MG6350 both manually and via the auto "Add Printer".
The printer clearly receives a print command and tries to process it, but
ultimately all I get is a beep, the printer resets and Xubuntu is waiting
for the job to complete - nothing happens.  I have other machines running
Ubuntu, Debian and Mint - they all print to the same machine perfectly.  I
have tried the driver used for those installations and a fresh download -
still no success.  I did get a reference to libtiff4 not being installed,
both before and after (!) installing it.   Help?