[xubuntu-users] Google Chrome Stable or Chromium Browser Crashes on Xubuntu 14.04

Steven Rosenberg stevenhrosenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:27:51 UTC 2014

Are you using the proprietary AMD Catalyst/fgrlx video driver?

Chrome crashes for me, too, unless I start it like this:

$ google-chrome --disable-gpu

I can start it that way from the command line, but I also modified a
launcher in my Xfce panel to add the --disable-gpu switch to the
command starting Google Chrome.

It's worth a try.

--
Steven Rosenberg