[xubuntu-users] Cant open Windows Disk form desktop (GUI only)

czezz czezz at o2.pl
Wed Aug 6 15:19:03 UTC 2014

Hello Bruno,
you have completely missed the point.
Please read my msg. again.
I can mount NTFS partition manually. This is not a case.
Cheers,
czezz
Dnia 4 sierpnia 2014 17:46 Bruno Benitez <gridcube at gmail.com> napisał(a):
if the windows drive was un-properly unmounted from windows the NTSF system is locked by default. you can re-log into windows and perform a chkdsk then shutdown properly from windows, reboot to windows again and shutdown again, yes all these steps, that way you make sure to properly unmount the NTFS partition.
Alternatively you can force mount from a terminal using the "-o force" option for an NTSF mount, this however might cause further damage to the partition
Anyone ?