[xubuntu-users] No option to upgrade from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS

steve verner.steven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:44:56 UTC 2014

On 14-04-29 04:53 PM, pezcurrel wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to upgrade my Xubuntu from 12.04 to 14.04, but with Software
> Updater set to "Notify me of a new ubuntu version" "For LTS versions" I
> get no upgrade option; and if I set "Notify me of a new ubuntu version"
> to "For any new version" I get an option to upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10.
> Any suggestions?
It is not recommended to upgrade on the original release as there may
still be some bugs to work out. All is generally good at the first point
release, which come sometime in July I believe.
     If you read the release notes and look at the bug reports and
decide you are fine with upgrading anyway, you may do so from the
command line.  There are several sites that can tell you how to do so.
It id simply a matter of cut and paste into your terminal.