[xubuntu-users] Aisleriot painfully slow on 14.04

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:16:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 20:47 +1000, Peter West wrote:
> Not fixed in 14.04.  Works in 13.10, as I indicated, and works well,
> but completely broken in 14.04.  In 13.10, I can access good wacom
> performance as I indicated, by unplugging and re-inserting the tablet,
> but that just jams the cursor in 14.04, and when I revert to accessing
> the wacom through OS X, I'm back in treacle.

Are you using VBox from upsream?
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

I like VBoxb, because it's easy to use VBox, but AFAIK it sometimes has
got some disadvantages regarding to virtualizations. Other virtual
solutions might not cause those issues, but aren't that easy to use.

Currently I'm screwed up regarding to something completely different
using XP as a VBox on Arch Linux.

VBox is easy to use, ok for most needs, but not stable all the times.