[xubuntu-users] recommend CD/DVD rip and copy program

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 21:35:38 UTC 2014

One word: Grip

I've used it for some time and like it because:
    - it has an intuitive GUI interface
    - one can rip and encode in one step.
    -More important to me, my collection of CDs (folk) are not listed in the
on-line repositories
      of title/track info such as freedb.org.Grip allows one to create album
and track titles,
      as well as year of recording, genre, etc.

However, Grip was not, at last check, available in Ubuntu repositories. (I'm
using Xubuntu 12.04.) one has to do the following to add a repository and install:
Add repository
     add-apt-repository ppa:gertvdijk/various
Then update
     apt-get update
Install
     apt-get install grip

Ref: https://launchpad.net/~gertvdijk/+archive/various

Some highly recommend abcde but it requires use of the CLI and is difficult to
use in my instance when the track titles, etc., are not on-line.