[xubuntu-users] highlighting and clicking in EVOLUTION

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:31:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 15:12 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> well for my computer, I mostly email, browse the web, write stuff, I
> have my own website ( my blog) I keep up to date with. Listen to
> music. etc etc.

That should work by default when using Debian or Xubuntu.

Xubuntu's policy regarding to "non-free" stuff might be less harder,
OTOH, it's no big deal to include "non-free" to
Debian's /etc/apt/sources.list and for hard-core "non-free" there are
*buntu PPAs and Debian third party repositories.

Both distros likely provide what you need.

My need manly is pro-audio, so I need to be as close to upstream, as
possible, since Linux pro-audio is ... I don't find the English words
for that.

However, for your needs you definitely shouldn't drop Linux and test
Windows. Linux is good for your needs :), it just make take some time to
find out, what will fit to your needs and work flow.