[xubuntu-users] highlighting and clicking in EVOLUTION

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Apr 23 18:46:36 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 13:05 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> Ahhh Ralph is stalking me! lol just kidding...

:D

Some distro's defaults are closer to some needs. I use different distros
to avoid to be dependent to one distro, assumed one distro should make a
step into the completely wrong direction regarding to my needs.

For my needs Arch Linux is the best distro, IOW it's my "main" distro. I
can use *buntus, Debian and Arch Linux for my needs, but to maintain
several distros isn't an easy job, especially not for a beginner.

Currently my focus is on Arch and Debian, but it was on Arch and *buntus
sometime ago. Once you have some knowledge, you more easily can decide
what by default fit best to your needs.

Arch Linux, as Gentoo and a few others unlikely are good distros for
beginners, while Debian and *buntus are a good choice for a novice. If
you point out what you're needs are, we perhaps could give you a hint
what distro, Xubuntu or Debian might be closer to your needs.

Regards,
Ralf