[xubuntu-users] highlighting and clicking in EVOLUTION

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Wed Apr 23 18:05:04 UTC 2014

Due to the "some providers dislike mailing lists issue" and "some
providers bounce mailing list mails issue" I neither could reply using
my address I used to subscribe, nor did it work to change to another
account. However, now it did work to change the email address.

I already replied the OP at the Debian user mailing list.

"[snip]

This likely is an issue I experienced a long time ago too. Perhaps for
Ubunbtu Studio (Xubuntu) only, but more likely for all of my Linux
installs (e.g. Arch too). I guess it's related to the used GTK version
and/or the used version of Evolution.

My recommendation to the OP is to stay with one Linux distro and then
try to learn how to fix issues. While I guess there's no fix for the
Evolution issue he's experiencing now, but to wait for an upgrade.
However, the OP is a novice experiencing issues with Debian and Xubuntu,
not trying to fix issues, but to install one thing after the other.

_My recommendation to the OP is to stay with one distro, one DE, one
choice of apps and to learn how to fix issues._

Evolution might not be the MUA you want to use, ask the community for a
better MUA.

Switching distros could be helpful if you know what you do, but unlikely
will help you to solve the problems a novice will experience." -
https://lists.debian.org/1398271522.5272.7.camel@archlinux

Ahhh Ralph is stalking me! lol just kidding...

But I installed the ELEMENTARY theme and it fixed the issue.

as seen here:  http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac69/CMAR606/Xubuntu%20Mail%20List/Screenshot-04232014-010353PM.png

I plan on coming back to Debian, Ralph I just needed a stable system
to get some bills paid and I had screwed up plain Debian( that
task-xfce package) someone told me to install on the DEB MAIL list,
caused it to install GNOME3 under xfce, and It was all screwed up,
and  I just HAD to get some bills paid so, I just quickly slapped on
Xubuntu 12.04 to get the bills paid and I had to check my email to get
an account #... Sure, I could of used gmail.com and logged into my
domain email address but I am use to checking it via EVO where I have
my .tar.gz of all my kept emails..

I just wanted to see if DEB plain is what I wanted to stick with and
really learn or go back to the *BUNTUS...  I like trying out new
things to make sure its what I want..

Ok I will stop pleeding to the chior now..

Christopher

And I promise I'll stick with PLAIN DEB,... once I get back, I liked
plain deb because it doesnt use HALF the memory as xubuntu... xubuntu
runs about 512 at boot where plain Debian xfce uses about 100
something with nothing loaded.

PPS... and whats MUA?