[xubuntu-users] highlighting and clicking in EVOLUTION

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Apr 23 14:52:37 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 03:42 PM, c. marlow wrote:

> On 04/23/2014 07:09 AM, Fred Roller wrote:
>> On 04/22/2014 09:41 PM, c. marlow wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When Highlighting an email in Evolution, the color of the highlight is
>>> like a dark grey or black, and you cant read anything. Its not just evo,
>>> but in Xubuntu 12.04 in general. I just installed about 2 hours ago
>>> fresh format, coming from Debian.org's xfce, I found xubuntu easier to
>>> use.
>>>
>>> Thank you for the help,
>>> Christopher
>>>

>> What kind of hardware are you using.  I have experienced similar
>> issues on lower graphics.  Go to Settings Manager -> Software &
>> Updates -> Additional Drivers(tab) and see if you have an additional
>> driver available for your system.
>>
>> You might also try a more recent edition of Xubuntu as was suggested.

I don't use Evolution, but I do get this problem in the menus of Skype
(only) -- the highlight is the same colour as the background. I put this
down to the programmers not having as much experience of Linux as they
do of Windows or Mac APIs. It was a problem in 11.*, 12.*, and 13.* but
I haven't tried it in 14.* yet, and anyway, Skype is under new
management :-) and the interface has changed, so the problem may have
gone away.

///Peter