[xubuntu-users] LTS upgrade to 14.04, now screensaver clears to a lock screen

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Apr 21 19:16:45 UTC 2014

Greetings,

This weekend I did the LTS upgrade to my main workstations. Arriving at 14.04, using my same preferred screensaver Skyrocket in the rss-glx package, now suddenly moving the mouse to clear the screen
saver after being away from the computer for some lengthy amount of time presents a "lock screen" interface which I must enter my password in to get the screen unlocked.

The lock screen interface will not appear if the screensaver has been on only for a short time. There must be a setting separate from the screensaver timer setting.

I have already verified that the check box in the Screensaver applet for "Lock screen after..." is not checked. I tried checking it, closing, going back in and un-checking it... still screen lock is
occurring after some length of time being away from the computer.

Any clues where else a "lock screen" setting could be hiding other than the screensaver applet I have already tried?

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems