[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 14.04 released!

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 18 17:18:16 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears from the size of thees images that we are now beyond CD capability?

This change was made a year ago with the 13.04 release.

If absolutely must use a CD and you're able to download updates while
doing an install, we recommend using the Minimal CD ("net install")
for installing Xubuntu, which still fits very well on a CD (it's tiny)
and uses the alternate installer (better for older hardware anyway):

32-bit version:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
64-bit version:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

During this installation one of the options will be the package sets
you wish to install from a list, "Xubuntu Desktop" is among them.

http://www.princessleia.com