[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 12.04: one of my users can't use bash ??

Fabrice Delente delentef at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:17:03 UTC 2014

I have installed several PCs with Xubuntu 12.04 at my workplace, most
people can open a terminal but one of my users can't: he can
authenticate in lightdm and access his desktop, eveything work except
the terminal emulator. Trying M-x shell in emacs just gave 'Shell
process exited'. Nothing special shows in dmesg or /var/log/syslog...

Trying to log in at the console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) doesn't work either, nor
su-ing to his accounts from the root account.

Does anybody have any help to solve this? Thanks!

F. Delente