[xubuntu-users] PBIS and *DM login

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Mon Apr 14 07:51:46 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

I downloaded some development snapshot of xubuntu more ore less three weeks
ago, and installed PowerBroker Identity Services Open Edition (formerly
Likewise Open). Then I configured /home as NFSv3 mount in /etc/fstab.

Console login works correctly both for local and domain users. X11 works when
invoked by "startx" after console login for both local and domain users.
LighDM / gdm login works only for local users (also if they have their $HOME
NFS mounted): for domain users the login window goes away (password accepted)
just as expected, but then the  X11 session crashes immediately and
LightDM/gdm respawns.

Nothing useful in /var/log/Xorg.0.log and nothing useful in
$HOME/.xsession-errors.

Now I'm going to download a more recent snapshot, but I can't try it out until
Thursday. Meanwhile is there anything you believe I should look at? (I do have
ssh access to the current setup).

Thanks in advance
Lucio.