[xubuntu-users] Installing Xubuntu from a flash drive

Bill hb.cog.jil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 18:02:17 UTC 2013

On 09/14/2013 09:42 AM, Steven Verner wrote:
> You need wo make sure your bios is set to boot from usb. Some(most
> modern ones) BIOS have a simple aption to set usb as the first boot
> device, soem will even view it as another hard drive, in which case you
> change the hdd boot priority as the usb drive, and some (usually older)
> won't have the option at all, in which case you will need PLBT.

"PLBT"? I did a quick search for the anacronym which yielded nothing
useful. I'd like to know what you mean, because if you mean that "PLBT"
makes booting from usb possible on an older computer, I would like to
try it on one of mine (a Dell Inspiron 530; the bios shows the option
but then won't boot to the bootable usb when selected). Thanks.

--
Regards,
Bill