[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu - my favourite

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 08:05:07 UTC 2013

On 12/09/13 22:26, Tuom Larsen wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Neil <neilwin at drofle.co.uk
> <mailto:neilwin at drofle.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     So this is to say thanks to all the developers etc who have worked
>     so hard on this. And to say that I hope that both Xubuntu and xfce
>     will continue into the foreseeable future.
>
>     My thanks and best wishes
>

> I have very similar experience with Xubuntu so I, too, would like to
> thank all the people who put your energy into it.
>
> May the force be with you!

Once again, thanks for all the replies. I have enjoyed reading them and
I am really pleased that so many agree with me that Xubuntu is one of
the best around.

What I like best about Xubuntu is that it concentrates on just one desk
top manager. For me that is very much a plus point. As mentioned by some
of you, other distros often have Xfce as 'also available' and not as the
main DM. Then there is often only the one developer working on it and if
he cannot continue for whatever reason there are problems.

I am running version 12.04 on my desktop as it is an LTS version. On my
laptop I am using version 13.04 which will last until early next year.
So I am looking forward to the new one next month. I will certainly try
it out.

Best regards

Neil