[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu - my favourite

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Sep 13 19:20:46 UTC 2013

I also came from Unix, having been using SunOS 4.1.3 and Digital Unix
for many years (and VMS and VM/CMS before that). I stuck with Red Hat
and Fedora until they got so out of date they were unusable, and then a
friend suggested Ubuntu, which I used until Unity made the interface
unusable. Xubuntu has allowed me to be more productive than any other
system, and has the advantage that it runs light enough to let me
resuscitate older machines to see me through.

On 09/13/2013 05:08 AM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> I don't need any new paradigms, interfaces, or managers.  I've been
> adapting to new technologies continuously since around 1960, and I
> know how to do that, but it's no longer a good use of my time and
> energy.  I want a stable usable environment in order to concentrate
> on other things.

That's the best summary I've ever seen.

///Peter