[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu very slow boot or freeze?

Lee Gold leegold at operamail.com
Thu Sep 12 16:23:59 UTC 2013

There are no messages. 15 minutes and just a black screen. I have an XP
dual boot and XP boot fine.

If I chose the recovery mode option at the boot screen and then do
"resume" it boots OK. But a normal boot when it times out and just boots
normally freezes and cranks the hard drive.

Is there a log file which potentially shows what's going on and could
give a hint for a fix?

  http://www.fastmail.fm/help/overview_quotes.html