[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu very slow boot or freeze?

Tim tim at xendistar.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 06:21:29 UTC 2013

On 12/09/13 06:38, Lee Gold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using Xubuntu 13.04. The boot is so slow I have trouble waiting. The
> hard drive is cranking, no hour glass, no blinking cursor. I think if I
> waited 5 minutes it would eventually have the desktop, i don't think
> it's freezing.
>
> Is there a way to speed this up?
>
> Thanks.

You will need to tell us what the spec of your pc (processor, memory,
hard disk type (Sata, IDE) and size), also is this a new install or
upgraded from previous versions, also have you run any tests on the hard
drive (most hard disk manufacturers have test software to test there
hard disks (normally in the way of a boot CD)

Tim