[xubuntu-users] Website completely inaccessible from Xubuntu

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 21:05:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Anthony Papillion <anthony at papillion.me> wrote:
> On 09/06/2013 08:27 PM, Chris Feld wrote:
>> If you're using Chromium I ran into a similar problem with my Xubuntu
>> machine where I had to close every tab manually (you can't just close
>> the browser) and finally Chromium itself before I was able to access the
>> website again.
>>
>> If not, have you tried another browser from within the Xubuntu machine?
>
> I use Firefox but I went ahead and installed Chromium just for giggles
> to see if it would work. Nope, doesn't work at all. DNS lookup happens
> with no problem but when it tries to connect it just times out.
>
> This is weird...
>
> Anthony

I found Chromium worked but with 'odd' behaviour. e.g. using gmail web
UI. It seemed a bit buggy when one tried to enter user and password.
Chrome seemed to have sorted that out... I think google have done
quite a bit of tweaking. However, I like the Firefox themes and addons
so decided to return to using it.

james