[xubuntu-users] xubuntu 12.04 on older mac pro

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:29:31 UTC 2013

I'm trying to install 12.04 on an older mac pro, but it comes up with a
screen:

1.

2.

Select CD-ROM Boot Type:

I've seen this when there doesn't seem to be EFI? support on the boot
media.  Is there a newer 12.04 installer that supports EFI?  (I thinks it's
the EFI stuff that is the issue anyway).

I'm trying to test zimbra, and they support ubuntu 12.04.  I put zimbra on
13.04 and it works mostly, but some of the management interface does not
work. I think it's because the parts that don't work are compiled for 12.04
and are missing those libs or something so I'm trying 12.04.

Thanks,

-wes