[xubuntu-users] monitor sleep wake failing

zuke zukeprime at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:08:28 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 08:26 AM, Wes James wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Follow up....
>
> I ctl-alt-del'd sever times yesterday (to lock screen and leave for support
> calls) and when I came in today with the monitor having been asleep since I
> left work, all came back fine.  So I'm not sure why the last few days it
> has been wonky.

Wes,
I've found that disabling the screen-saver (xscreen-saver) works best
for me.  I'm not an expert here, but my limited research led me to
believe you can force a conflict between xscreensaver and power
management if they're both enabled.  I had a problem with an older
system not waking at all, and/or the backlight staying on (monitor not
turning off when told to).  Disabling xscreensaver worked.

Perhaps someone with more experience can chime in, my advice is just
based on simple trial and error.

Settings-->Screensaver--->Display Modes Tab-->Mode (drop-down)-->disable

<Zuke>