[xubuntu-users] Sound indicator greyed out in Xubuntu 13.10

Andy Proctor xubuntu.list at gpshelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 19:25:49 UTC 2013

On 27/10/13 02:33, Bill wrote:
> Check
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-sound/+bug/1208204:
>
> "For those looking for a temporary workaround, look at
> /usr/share/dbus-1/services/indicator-sound.service and change the Exec
> line
>
> Exec=/usr/lib/indicator-sound-gtk2/indicator-sound-service".
>
> Also check in Settings Manager > Session and Startup > Application
> Autostart, Volume Control (Show desktop volume control).
>
> HTH.

If you use bluetooth, you may have the same problem as with the volume
control. The volume workaround is good for me, but there is a discussion
on the bug itself about fixing the bluetooth, which seems to revolve
around installing the blueman from the debian repo. I used "rfkill block
bluetooth" when i wanted to switch it off. (unblock to turn it on)

The problem is something to do with gtk versions and support.

Andy