[xubuntu-users] is libnotify installed on Xubuntu?

Sébastien ml at terranean.eu
Fri Oct 25 00:24:35 UTC 2013

Le 2013-10-24 à 16:38, Anthony Papillion a écrit:
> Hello Folks,

Hello

> I'm writing a piece of software that will use libnotify if it's
> available. I looked in the /usr/lib directory and I don't see
> libnotify there. Is it installed on Xubuntu systems or is this
> something users will need to install themselves?

It seems to be. Have a look in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/, it's located
there on my x86 13.10 installation and don't recall having installed it
manually.

Several parts of Xfce are depending on it (xfce4-notifyd, orage,
xfdesktop4, etc), I presume and hope it is installed by default.

The only way I could find to confirm it:
$ grep -m1 "apt-get --yes install" /var/log/apt/history.log |\
grep libnotify;echo $?