[xubuntu-users] Panel Applet Issue: 13.10 upgrade

Andy Proctor xubuntu.list at gpshelp.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 19:47:49 UTC 2013

Esteemed Xubuntu Users,

I have just upgraded my asus ultrabook to 13.10, having ran xubuntu on
it since v11.something. Love it of course v.happy. Post 13.10 upgrade I
experienced a problem with the volume and bluetooth applet indicators
where when clicking on the applet (to change volume or manupulate bt
etc) only a small grey line below the applet is seen, no function.

A google seach fixed the volume control under bug 1208204 and the
workaround is

Extract from my changelog (yes I keep one)

# change the exec line in
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/indicator-sound.service to
# Exec=/usr/lib/indicator-sound-gtk2/indicator-sound-service from
# Exec=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/indicator-sound/indicator-sound-service
#
# Bug exists https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-sound/+bug/

Now, I have not found a fix to re-enable the functions for the bt applet.

Any help/info/ideas?

Regards

Andy