[xubuntu-users] 13.10 Apache2 (LAMP) and Terminal-Emulator

Bill hb.cog.jil at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 19:39:37 UTC 2013

First of all, 13.10 is nice! Thank you for it.

I am running 13.04 on a laptop and two desktops. The laptop and one
desktop were running release upgrades from 12.10, while the other
desktop was running a fresh install of 13.04. I performed a release
upgrade from 13.04 to 13.10 on that desktop yesterday (so I'm still
running 13.04 on the laptop and the other desktop).

LAMP was installed (using tasksel) and working properly on all three
computers running 13.04 and Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu). But I can not get
Apache2.4.6 (which is what I got through tasksel installed via apt-get
in 13.10) to work on the desktop now running 13.10. I don't think it is
Xubuntu so much as changes in Apache2? The
/etc/Apache2/sites-available/default is now 000-default.conf, and looks
nothing like that to which I am accustomed. a2dissite and a2ensite do
nothing. Apache is working. Best I can tell from the Apache2
documentation on their site, the previous method of virtual hosting has
been deprecated, but I can not find how to enable a virtual host. Can
someone point me in a direction to troubleshoot this?

On another note, I want a launcher to run mc (midnight commander) in a
terminal with geometry of 100x40. I can run mc in terminal-emulator, and
I can set the geometry of a terminal with "/usr/bin/terminal-emulator
-geometry 100x40". But I can not get mc with the geometry. Is it
possible, and if so, how?

Thanks.

--
Regards,