[xubuntu-users] LTS 12.04.3 halts on two of my laptops.

Per-Magnus Thörn per-magnus at operamail.com
Mon Oct 14 07:58:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013, at 03:26 PM, Per-Magnus Thörn wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013, at 08:37 AM, Marc Coevoet wrote:
> > op 13-10-13 10:35, Marc Coevoet schreef:
> > >
> > > At boot time, you should be able to choose an older kernel, and then
> > > select&boot it, and remove the newer one once you're in X...
> > >

> > Could it be this problem?
> >
> > http://askubuntu.com/questions/345391/ubuntu-freezes-frequently-giving-error-gen6-rp-interrupt-limits
> >

> > --
> > The "Penguin" has arrived - and he's not going away - ever.
> > What's on Shortwave guide: choose an hour, go!
> > http://shortwave dot tk
> > 700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
> > 300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk
> >

> > --
>
> Thanks Marc!
> It could be the problem I have. I will install 3.8-kernel later and see
> if it works.
>
> Regards
> /Per-Magnus

Hello

The Sony Vaio is running OK with the 3.8-kernel.
The HP NC6000 is still running the 3.2-kernel since I found this
youtube-clip that demonstrates the same problem that I have. So this is
a hardware problem after all. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLvioWtXYc
Many thanks to you Marc, it made my day!

Regards
/Per-Magnus