[xubuntu-users] disk partitioning help...

Gary Charvat g.charvat at snet.net
Wed Nov 27 00:29:36 UTC 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am in the process of blowing-away the MS-WindowsXPpro OS on my unused HP
Pavilion dv8000 CTO laptop.  I am almost up to the point of installing
Ubuntu/Xubunto 13.19.  I have past experience with UNIX in the AIX, BSD, and
SCO arenas, but it has been some time since I've gone in and configured disk
partitions.

I am reading "Ubuntu Made Easy" and the section on partitioning does not
include anything when dealing with multiple Disks.

My system has 2 separate disk drives - Drive #1 (C: in DOSeze) has 74.32 GB
- Drive #2 (D: in DOSeze) with a total of 148.85 GB.

I would like to configure the system with partitions for:

         /root

         /swap

         /home

My prior experience would be to give /root and /swap equal partitions on
Drive #1 of 37.16 GB each. And reserve all of Drive #2 for my /home
partition.

Does anybody have  any better configurations for this situation - I would
greatly appreciate your input and comments.

Regards,

Gary

<<<<>>>>

Gary P. Charvat