[xubuntu-users] TDE (Trinity) apps won't open on Xfce desktop

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Fri Nov 22 22:03:29 UTC 2013

On 22/11/13 23:52, Nigel Henry wrote:
> Xubuntu 10.0.4 with recently installed TDE 3.5.13.2 trinity desktop.
>
> I have some icons for apps on the trinity desktop, but when I'm  in xfce the
> icons are there but clicking on them just opens a desktop config file for
> them. It seems like a path related problem, because when I open the kde
> (trinity) apps in a terminal using the exact path they open just fine.
>
> The path to the kde (trinity) bin files is /opt/trinity/ .
>
> Where and how do I add this path so that I can open them on xfce desktop?
>
> I seem to remember setting the /sbin path in .bashrc on fedora ages ago, but
> have forgotten how I did it.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Nigel.

The support period for 10.04 has ended. Try a newer version, like 12.04.
If that's not an option for a reason or another, I'm afraid you're kind
of out of luck with that part. Furthermore, TDE isn't officially
supported with Xubuntu either, so you might be having a hard time to
find people who are running that.

That being said, I will have to ask you to try to find the solutions
elsewhere since you are running an unsupported version with an
unsupported component.

To end this mail with a positive note: good luck with getting it working!

Cheers,
Pasi