[xubuntu-users] Choosing the right/best version (release) of Xubuntu

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 09:20:19 UTC 2013

Hello Bruno :)

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Bruno Benitez <gridcube at gmail.com> wrote:

> :) good to hear you got them installed Ali,

I am glad too :D
These two machines had Windows XP. Now, these are breathing new life called
Xubuntu and these are faster than brand new high end machines!

> for the Paint replacement i recommend you to see
> http://www.linuxalt.com/linux-alternatives-to/windows/ms-paint.html also
> we made a brief comparison a few years ago in the xubuntu wiki
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Specifications/Oneiric/DefaultImageEditor.
>
> My personal recommendation is Pinta, for me its one of the greatest
> "paintlike" programs available for linux, going a bit further MyPaint its
> pretty good aswel but it takes more time to learn how to use it. but of
> course there are several more that are not listed in any of those lists
> that can do many things more than simple paint, or sometimes less XD.

My challenge now is to convince him to use alternatives and think out side
the box. I guess I need a bit of Linux Brainstorming Session with my
neighbour :D or shall I say Brainwash :P

I have installed Pinta and GNOME Paint and I have seen many articles about
MS Paint alternatives. Thanks for the links, so nice of you :)

Best Regards,