[xubuntu-users] Choosing the right/best version (release) of Xubuntu

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:35:39 UTC 2013

Hey ali, I would suggest you to use 13.10 because 14.04 is right near the
corner and updating later would be easier, also newer software and what
not. 12.04 is "O.K.", im using it on my netbook since release and i dont
really have much to complain, though having xfce 4.8 causes stuff like the
weather applet to fail, because its not updated to the new protocol the
weather uses and some other programs are also outdated. Not lifechanging
but yeah. 13.10 will have some problems too, the gtk3 indicators issue for
example, but you can workaround that after the installation so it should
work.