[xubuntu-users] Login image

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 13:05:14 UTC 2013

yeah, sorry about that, as Mugshot is proposed to be included in the next
LTS release of xubuntu I wrongly assumed it was already in the repos.

you can see
http://www.smdavis.us/2013/07/27/mugshot-quick-and-easy-user-config/ to
information on how to install it, its basically what Knome and Ralf just
said. You can also as Zuke pointed follow the
http://askubuntu.com/questions/47186/is-there-a-way-to-change-user-picture-in-xubuntu-and-actually-display-it-on-logfor
information on how to manually edit your .face file.

Im always assuming you want to change "your" image in lightdm, and not the
"generic" image for the "guest account", I have no idea how to do this last.

2013/11/12 Pasi Lallinaho <pasi at shimmerproject.org>

> On 12/11/13 14:39, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-11-12 at 12:05 +0100, Dan Östberg wrote:
> >> what is mugshot?
> > wget
> https://launchpad.net/mugshot/0.1/0.1.0/+download/mugshot-0.1.tar.bz2
> > tar vxjf mugshot-0.1.tar.bz2
> > cd mugshot-0.1/
> > grep Dependencies README
> >

> Please let's try to be a bit more user-friendly; there is a PPA for
> Mugshot here: https://launchpad.net/~mugshot-dev/+archive/stable
>
> The PPA is maintained by a Xubuntu developer, but as with any PPA's, you
> use it at your own risk.
>
> The best solution for now for the OP would be to edit ~/.face.
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi
>
> --
> Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                      » http://open.knome.fi/