[xubuntu-users] Printer query

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Wed May 22 15:37:00 UTC 2013

On 20/05/13 17:59, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. Further internet research has told me that
> this is a known problem, and it has been fixed in CUPS 1.5.3-1. I have
> version 1.5.3 and I cannot find an updated version to download. I should
> mention that both computers are 64 bit.
>
> I can find later CUPS versions but they are intended for later versions
> of Ubuntu etc. It seems that if I could find a way to update my version
> it would sort it out.
>
> Meanwhile, thanks for all the help from the group. I think I have
> decided that it is not worth any more hassle. Eventually I will upgrade
> to the next LTS version of Xubuntu and it should all be sorted then.
>
> Regards
>
> Neil

OK, as a final, final email about this. On VBox I also have Mint 14 Xfce
installed. I did use Mint Xfce at one time. Again it found the printer
for me and I was able to set it up and print the test page easily. But
then this version of Mint is using CUPS v 1.6.2. As I have said, it
seems that it is only when both machines are using Xubuntu 12.04, and so
the same version of CUPS, that it fails to work.

Neil