[xubuntu-users] Ghostscript gone?

wim dukker wim.dukker at gmail.com
Tue May 21 08:28:34 UTC 2013

Hello to all of you,

I am running a Xerox 6110 colorprinter under Xubuntu 12.04.

Because of the bad color quality under Linux i seached for a solution to
improve the color quality. Xerox documentation recommended installing
the latest Ghostscript software.
I installed ghostscript package
"ghostscript_9.05~dfsg-0ubuntu4.2_amd64.deb". After installation, /*some
packages were deleted*/, the printer is not working anymore.
Re-installing ghostsript via Software Centre did not help.

Is it possible to reinstall Xubuntu so that i don't have to reinstall
all my personal software? Or are there better solutions to get my
printer back?

Many thanks in advance for the support.

Kind regards
Wim Dukker