[xubuntu-users] Printer query

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Thu May 16 16:36:26 UTC 2013

I have a desktop computer with an HP Photosmart 5520 printer connected
via USB and working well.

I also look after 3 laptops, mine, the wife's and the daughter's.

I have set up shared printing on CUPS on both the desktop and on one of
the  laptops. When I try out a test print using open office on the
laptop the printer is found and I ask it to print but nothing happens.

When I check on the laptop I see that the job is there but 'The printer
is not responding'. Checking on the desktop the queue is empty.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please, or perhaps what I am
not doing right.

Thanks

Neil