[xubuntu-users] Upgrading from Ubuntu to Xunbuntu

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Wed May 15 21:23:32 UTC 2013

Interesting, thanks. Do I assume from this that

> a. the release upgrade function in upgrade-manager takes its distro
>    pointer from the desktop setting? That is, upgrade-manager sees
>    the Ubuntu desktop and knows you want an Ubuntu upgrade; if it
>    sees an Xubuntu desktop it know you want an Xubuntu upgrade?
>
> Im not completely sure about it, but how i understand it its that the
update manager sees wich packages are present, if you have the metapackage
xubuntu-desktop it will try to update it to the next version of it for such
release.

> b. Does this method remove all the Ubuntu-specific packages?

As you would have removed all the ubuntu-specific packages before updating,
yes this wont install those, because again, i do think that the update just
works with the present packages, this would include the xubuntu-desktop one.

--
Bruno.-