[xubuntu-users] Looking for simple web gallery software with some specific requirements

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed May 8 12:34:09 UTC 2013

I'm after a web application to display pictures, there are zillions of
them out there but it's difficult to find one to match my requirements:-

    Take an existing directory hierarchy of pictures and use it to
    organise the album/gallery.  Don't copy the pictures, use them
    direct from the existing directory structure.

    Must not require any write access to the pictures directory.  The
    thumbnails and other information must be stored elsewhere.

    No need for any picture manipulation at all, just a way to navigate
    through the hierarchy and view the pictures.

    Preferably no database and the ability to use EXIF information but
    these are not absolute requirements.

It can use PHP, Python, Perl or anything really, slight preference for
Python or PHP as I can modify/maintain it more easily myself then.

--
Chris Green