[xubuntu-users] dual installing Xubuntu 13.04 64 bit

norman silverstone norman at littletank.org
Thu May 2 20:13:06 UTC 2013

On 02/05/13 19:35, Martin Schilling wrote:

> Am 02.05.2013 18:09, schrieb norman silverstone:
>> Has anybody successfully installed the latest 64bit version
>> alongside Windows 7 64 bit?
>>
>> Norman
>>
> I have Xubuntu 13.04 64bit successfully installed alongside 64bit
> Windows 7.
> Both on my Desktop and my Thinkpad.
>
> No Problems at all

Thank you for that I am encouraged. My reason for asking is because I
have encountered a problem. As far as I can remember, when installing
Xubuntu alongside Windows you are offered the opportunity to set the
size of the two partitions. When I did the installation the other day
this did not happen. Could it be because I have two hard drives in my PC
and, instead of installing alongside Windows, the installer chose to put
Xubuntu onto the other hard drive. I do not want this, I want both
systems in their own partitions on the same drive. How do I achieve
this, please?

Norman