[xubuntu-users] Dead or semi-dead LAN controller

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 05:12:49 UTC 2013

I upgraded my machine to a new CPU and M/B Friday and everything was
working just fine.

This morning the LAN controller on the m/b died - apparently for good.
 I got a replacement m/b and it has the same problem.

Nothing lights up when I plug in the wire and the driver does not
appear in lsmod - AFAICT.

What I'm wondering is can I find out the MAC address of a
non-responsive NIC and if so, how?  (I was thinking of trying to add
it manually, but that wants the MAC address.)

Thanks.

MR