[xubuntu-users] What do I need to get ssh passphrase same as login password, and loaded automatically?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Jun 28 14:54:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:36:41AM -0300, Bruno Benitez wrote:
> >    2013/6/28 Chris Green <[2]cl at isbd.net>
> >
> >      I want to have my ssh passphrase set to the same as my login password
> >      and to have it automatically loaded so that I don't have to re-enter the
> >      password/phrase when I ssh to somewhere.
> >
> >      What needs to be installed and how do I set it up to work as above?
> >
>    you might want to investigate adding the ssh to your fstab, see
>    [1]http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1173714
>
>    good day :)

That's not an answer to my question though, it will require *exactly*
what I require for it to work.

I need some way for ssh-agent or the gnome equivalent (seahorse et al)
to automatically use my login password as the ssh key.  That's how the
above would work (if it does) without asking the user for the key at
mount time.

--
Chris Green