[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu and UEFI

Darren Govoni darren at ontrenet.com
Mon Jun 17 13:25:42 UTC 2013

If you are going to dual boot Xubuntu and Windows 8, I had to disable
'Secure Boot' in the bios to get Windows to boot under UEFI from Grub.

I also installed a some ubuntu packages for UEFI booting (which themselves
didn't allow me to boot windows), so I'm not sure if they are also
required (search the archives here for more info) in addition to disabling
secure boot.

hth.

Darren