[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu and UEFI

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 13:16:42 UTC 2013

I am going to order a new laptop, since the old one died on me
yesterday. Since it will be new I suppose the machine will work with
UEFI. It will come with no OS installed, so there should be no problems
caused by Windows 8 or whatever. (I have not touched Windows for years.)

I have a DVD with Xubuntu 13.04 64 bit burned on to it. I have had a
look around the internet and I am getting more confused all the time.

My question is, am I likely to encounter any problems installing this
distro? If so can anyone point me to some help with this please? I have
looked around via Google, but have finished up really lost.

Thanks

Neil