[xubuntu-users] ubuntu 12.04 installation problem

Joshua O'Leary jmoey139 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 19:06:32 UTC 2013

Try writing it to a USB stick instead, less likely to have errors and
will boot up and install much faster. The grub screen isn't installed
until after you install xubuntu (isolinux/syslinux is usually used to
boot from USBs/CDs). If it still won't boot, try booting with a failsafe
option - more info here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/194271/booting-from-liveusb-stops-at-purple-screen

Joshua