[xubuntu-users] Playing audio CD's

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 17:23:48 UTC 2013

Just wondering. I am running Xubuntu 12.04. When I put an audio CD in
the drive it starts up, opens up Parole and plays. Looking in the
settings for Removable Drives and Media in the settings manager I go to
the Multimedia tab. Under Audio CD's I find the following command

parole --device=%d

so I can see why Parole opens up. I have vlc installed as well. If I
change the command to vlc --device=%d it does not work. VLC opens up but
does not do anything.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on here please?

Thanks

Neil