[xubuntu-users] 3.5 floppy drive (internal or usb) and PLoP

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 17:31:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Paul Cartwright
<pbcartwright at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/19/2013 05:31 AM, Per-Magnus Thörn wrote:
>> Hi James
>> I have no idea about your floppy problem in xubuntu, BUT I have made the
>> (now proven wrong) assumption that a SD card would be a more reliable
>> storage. Twice the last month my SD-card has been totally corrupted and
>> in need of being reformatted, with total loss of data.
>> So stick to the floppy I would say. They are better than their
>> reputation!
> maybe it was the type file system you have on the SD cards?? maybe if
> you tried an older format, EXT2/3 ??
> just a thought..
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright

 i think you are correct there. i remember reformatting one of my SD
cards and it seems to have a trash bin now that retains all the
deleted pics where as the original DOS format did not. Still works
fine in the camera so i haven't investigated much further.

james