[xubuntu-users] Mugshot - Call for Testing and Translations

Sean Davis smd.seandavis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 09:56:15 UTC 2013

Greetings Xubuntu community!

I've developed a new application that I propose for inclusion into 13.10,
but now I am in need of translations and testing.

Mugshot: https://launchpad.net/mugshot

The application is called Mugshot.  It allows a user to quickly and easily
update their profile image and user details.  The idea for the application
came from the latest lightdm-gtk-greeter, which displays the user's profile
image.  With our current setup, the only time a user can modify their
profile image is during installation.  This app seeks to improve on that.

These are the features implemented at this point:
Update user profile image (~/.face)
Update Pidgin buddy icon
Update user details in /etc/passwd
Update user details in LibreOffice

Some screenshots:
Main Window: http://imagebin.org/264925
Camera: http://imagebin.org/264927
File Chooser: http://imagebin.org/264928
Stock Browser: http://imagebin.org/264929
Pidgin Dialog: http://imagebin.org/264930
LibreOffice Dialog: http://imagebin.org/264931

If you're interested in translating, please go here and start adding
translations: https://translations.launchpad.net/mugshot

If you're interested in testing, please install the daily PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~mugshot-dev/+archive/daily

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mugshot-dev/daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mugshot

You'll find Mugshot in the Settings Manager, listed as "About Me"

Thanks for helping out!
Sean (bluesabre)