[xubuntu-users] 3.5 floppy drive (internal or usb) and PLoP

Per-Magnus Thörn per-magnus at operamail.com
Fri Jul 19 09:31:30 UTC 2013

Hi James
I have no idea about your floppy problem in xubuntu, BUT I have made the
(now proven wrong) assumption that a SD card would be a more reliable
storage. Twice the last month my SD-card has been totally corrupted and
in need of being reformatted, with total loss of data.
So stick to the floppy I would say. They are better than their
reputation!

Since this only is my opinion and has nothing whatsoever to do with the
subject, I decided not to reply to the list, but I reacted on your
statement that SD card would be a better storage. (It might be that I
have a bad SD card, but searching on "SD card disaster" gave me a hint
that there are a lot of restrictions in using SD cards)

Hope that you solve the floppy problem with Xubuntu!

Best regards

Per-Magnus Thörn
--
  Per-Magnus Thörn