[xubuntu-users] Drag and Drop Annoyance

Bruno Benitez gridcube at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 03:15:46 UTC 2013

drag'n'drop will "copy" if the files move from a different mount point, say
/home/username/Documents and /home/username/Downloads are different mount
points, dragging a file from Downloads to Documents will copy it. else
while moving inside the same mount point it will "move" the file, say you
move a file from /home/username to /home/username/Desktop, and both are in
the same mount point, then it will move it.

2013/7/14 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>

> On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 21:16 +0100, David Wright wrote:
> > I have a "strange worldview" ?  Thanks.
>
> Not regarding to the topic, I guess you misunderstand what I tried to
> point out, or I misunderstand you.
>
> Regarding to the way you quote/reply, IOW "Text Over, Fullquote Under",
> you seem to be a little bit freakish.
>
> Joking aside.
>
> I didn't test it, but I believe you, so if drag and drop on the Desktop
> should behave different with Thunar running or not running, than it is a
> bug or a feature done by somebody with a bizarre worldview.
>
> Does it behave also different, if Firefox is running ;) and should users
> keep in mind how drag and drop for the desktop does behave assumed
> Thunar is opened, Firefox is opened or Evolution is running ;)?

Bruno.-